Still the simplest Crystal Report viewer with data refresh on the market, now upgraded to use the latest SAP Crystal Reports 2016 engine plus a few extras.
It’s not free any more, but it is only £10 per user. No evaluations. If you’re not sure if it meets your needs, use the older rptView for Crystal Reports and look at the list below for the new functionality.
What’s new (2018):
- Add a database username and password. Just the one though as we’re keeping this simple.
- Report Title, Subject, Author and Comments visible from rptView Explorer.
- Crystal Reports 2016 runtime supporting all the latest features.
- User Interface enlarged for easier use on touch screens.
- Send email of report as pdf directly from the report view using Outlook (no longer need to export the file first).
What’s new (2019):
- Speed improvements – all report information is now cached reducing program start to seconds.
- List of frequently viewed reports
- History of reports viewed
- Shortcut keys
March 2020 Update
- Update to latest Crystal Reports runtime
- Bug fix relating to remote access
- 64 bit version (both 32 bit and 64 bit are available to download)
It’s just £10 per named user (+VAT in UK) with a 40% discount for 50 users. Licence also includes maintenance for 1 year (renewable for £100 per year).
Licence limitations – RptView uses the Crystal Reports runtime. This means it’s free to run on a Windows PC. It’s not free to run using Terminal Services or similar server software unless you own a copy of Crystal Reports. I don’t make the rules, just need to let you know how it works.